What key elements should I include in my Facility Response Plan?
As you prepare your FRP, be sure that your plan includes the following elements:
- Emergency Response Action Plan (an easily accessible stand-alone section of the overall plan) including the identity of a qualified individual with the authority to implement removal actions;
- Facility name, type, location, owner, and operator information;
- Emergency notification, equipment, personnel, evidence that equipment and personnel are available (by contract or other approved means), and evacuation information;
- Identification and evaluation of potential discharge hazards and previous discharges;
- Identification of small, medium, and worst case discharge scenarios and response actions;
- Description of discharge detection procedures and equipment;
- Detailed implementation plans for containment and disposal;
- Facility and response self-inspection; training, exercises, and drills; and meeting logs;
- Diagrams of facility and surrounding layout, topography, evacuation paths, and drainage flow paths;
- Security measures, including fences, lighting alarms, guards, emergency cutoff valves, and locks; and
- Response Plan cover sheet (form with basic information concerning the facility).