The owner or operator of a stationary source subject to 40 CFR Part 68 must include an Executive Summary in their Risk Management Plan. What elements must be included in the RMP Executive Summary?
Pursuant to 40 CFR §68.155, the Executive Summary must briefly describe the following:
- accidental release prevention and emergency response policies,
- stationary source and regulated substances handled,
- general accidental release prevention program and chemical-specific prevention steps,
- five-year accident history,
- the emergency response program, and
- planned changes to improve safety.
Additional information regarding Executive Summary content can be found in the RMP*eSubmit User’s Manual (EPA 540-B-18-001) located at: