Q: The owner or operator of a stationary source subject to 40 CFR Part 68 must include an Executive Summary in their Risk Management Plan. What elements must be included in the RMP Executive Summary?
A: Pursuant to 40 CFR §68.155, the Executive Summary must briefly describe the following:
- accidental release prevention and emergency response policies,
- stationary source and regulated substances handled,
- general accidental release prevention program and chemical-specific prevention steps,
- five-year accident history,
- the emergency response program, and
- planned changes to improve safety.
Additional information regarding Executive Summary content can be found in the RMP*eSubmit User’s Manual (EPA 540-B-18-001) located at: